All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 pm

Post subject: Cannot Connect to Server
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 am 

Friends

I log in at least once a week to refresh my house, but I have not been able to as of late. MyFD does reflect one person online (Merlin) but has done so for several days now.

When I try to log in, it says "Cannot connect at this time. Please try again later." Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Velner

Post subject: Re: Cannot Connect to Server
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:20 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
Friends

I log in at least once a week to refresh my house, but I have not been able to as of late. MyFD does reflect one person online (Merlin) but has done so for several days now.

When I try to log in, it says "Cannot connect at this time. Please try again later." Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Velner
I apologize, apparently the server's DNS was down. You should be able to login now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 pm 

Thanks buddy

Unfortunately my house collapsed. Fiddlesticks.

Velner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:44 pm 

Hail and well met. I recently found out about your shard and would love to give it a try, but it looks like the server's DNS is down again (funny enough, it is now Velner who appears to be always online). Could you please, please reactivate it?

I realize I'm late to your community; the shard may have been offline a long time, and your enthusiasm for this project may have dwindled. It happens to 99% of shards out there and is the reason my main shard has long been a personal one on my home computer; but yours appears to be a real historical treasure, and certainly unique. It'd be a shame if it's gone.

I promise not to be a high maintenance player, or hassle you too much about week or months-long down times, but I'd really love the opportunity to see First Dawn. Better to have than to not have at all, you know?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:14 pm 
Administrator

Quote:
Hail and well met. I recently found out about your shard and would love to give it a try, but it looks like the server's DNS is down again (funny enough, it is now Velner who appears to be always online). Could you please, please reactivate it?

I realize I'm late to your community; the shard may have been offline a long time, and your enthusiasm for this project may have dwindled. It happens to 99% of shards out there and is the reason my main shard has long been a personal one on my home computer; but yours appears to be a real historical treasure, and certainly unique. It'd be a shame if it's gone.

I promise not to be a high maintenance player, or hassle you too much about week or months-long down times, but I'd really love the opportunity to see First Dawn. Better to have than to not have at all, you know?
Welcome Grailmoore!

Its tricky to answer the question about our interest in the project. While im still very passionate about it and its far from going away, i have less time in my life ATM to publish further updates. While i do have a massive upcoming publish along with a advertising campaign to draw more attention, im using the little time i have at the moment to make sure its done right. I can assure you we aren't going anywhere and expect more activity in 2016.

Also, i wasn't aware the server was down until now. Our host executed maintenance and rebooted us without notifying me...

First Dawn is back online.

Hope you enjoy your stay and adventure deep into the truly unique world of First Dawn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:18 pm 

I'm having a really good time here even though I'm by myself it is a lot of fun. TY for bringing the shard back up!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 am 

Quote:

..and Grailmoore I sent you a PM with a bit of stuff I've figured out through playing, lmk if you'll be online sometime and I could show you around.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:57 am 

Wow, thanks guys! Kind of like a Christmas present! I was checking this thread every day, but then holiday stuff started happening as well as working on my own "single player" shard.

I read all your tips Swunk, those are very much appreciated.

Draconis, you may want to check out http://ultima-shards.com/ as they are working with some top-notch shards, some of which boast hundreds of concurrent players, to create a community hub representing all of Ultima Online's eras. Would instantly take care of your advertising concerns if you got listed there. It's a short list, but FD seems to be one of a kind!

Looking forward to checking this out after Christmas festivities.