All times are UTC-07:00

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

Post subject: Razimus - We're Sorry
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm 

Razimus-

We expected you to come back for your items; we didn't want to take anything. We were just having fun. I am sorry. Please log back in.

-Velner

Post subject: Re: Razimus - We're Sorry
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm 

It was just 4 trees worth of boards and a set of plate armor, no big deal, but I was standing there as a ghost when you 2 discussed your plan to hide there and jump me again so, "The only winning move is not to play" - War Games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:24 pm 
FD Staff

Velner the actions should have never been done.
Thus this post shouldn't have been made.

You wouldn't need to apologize if you would have just not did what you did.

Simple math really.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:50 pm 
Administrator

Some might not agree with my words here, however...

Razimus has always been a collector of memories and a "old-school" UO player at heart. But when he gets looted he leaves for good. Do i need to say anymore? All my respect to Razimus, but clearly his hard-core ways have dissolved. For every measure is a counter-measure. Velners actions were totally legal and every player understands the risk here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:49 am 

From what I saw Razimus didn't really agree with the shard being anything but a 100% copy of the pre-alpha and nothing more or less. That is just an awful idea for something that was intended as a test and not a final game product. It still was a blast to play with everyone when there was no disputes about silly things. Maybe some will come back, I would like to see some new faces to show things personally but like you said, until there is 50+ players on the being a dick for no reason other than "because you can" is going to scare away common players because of the other alternative games available now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:28 am 
FD Staff

Well I see both of your points entirely. But tbh I did the same thing as him, so I've been in his shoes and by no means did that mean I didn't care about this server or the work put forth by everyone here. I had my reasons for quitting, and I felt very strongly about them. I also wanted to show Velner first hand that this happens, people quit due to unneeded actions, he literally had 2 of the hats already and took mine merely for the greed of it which I took personally.. I figured maybe he would go easy on the next guy after chasing my brother and I off but apparently no.

You're both 100% correct about Velner simply playing the game, he's not a bad guy and I personally have nothing against him at all. I was just pointing out the damage that can be done to players, and ultimately the server due to actions. Even though those actions as you said are a part of the game and a risk you take, I just feel its a delicate time for that type of conduct and that we the players need to keep that in mind. No one wants to play an empty server, so we must keep people coming back.

And yes Raz's spark for pre-alpha must have faded, I saw several posts about him not exactly being happy with the way things were. We can't please everyone, but I really don't feel he would have quit just due to the disagreement with game functions. Ultimately I don't personally know him, and can't say for sure about his choice to leave. It's just a shame that 3 people have quit due to the same thing a player has done. Velner I'm not bashing you out in anyway my man, just saying I know you play a villain here, but it isn't exactly the best thing for the server at this time. I'm not your boss so by all means you're welcome to continue, but I really feel this will continue to happen, players leaving. You can easily be a villain by attacking people and looting the corpse dry, even taking the house key and dumping it 30 screens away in a trollish fashion, camping houses and etc. But to loot the house is like looting the players bank box, and is completely fair, we are just too low of a player base for that at the moment. Now if you catch a player trying to do it to you by all means get him back, but to make the first move is shady.

Tisk tisk Velner.

I'd like to make it clear also that I in no way am implying that the housing should be changed, I completely enjoy the old school loot-able feature. I think it will lure people in, and I know it seems whinerish of me to say Velner stop and people try not to do it, but I really feel that us early players should set an example so that the server will thrive while its still young. Yes the servers been out for a few years but the player base is still low like a young server. The rules do not need changed, the player's mindset must change temporarily for the sake of drawing in people. Once we get a good 20+ active players steadily on then by all means play balls out hardcore and don't hold back.

I say this completely for the good of this server. <3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 am 

Quote:
Some might not agree with my words here, however...

Razimus has always been a collector of memories and a "old-school" UO player at heart. But when he gets looted he leaves for good. Do i need to say anymore? All my respect to Razimus, but clearly his hard-core ways have dissolved. For every measure is a counter-measure. Velners actions were totally legal and every player understands the risk here.
Couldn't have been said better. I tried to explain it for years. That's why I am against all the new-school, "secure" changes to housing and overall PvP policy, Players don't understand that what makes this shard easier makes it worst and overall would ruin the very feel of Enigma or any other shard who chooses such kind of policy. Wise words.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:56 am 

Quote:
From what I saw Razimus didn't really agree with the shard being anything but a 100% copy of the pre-alpha and nothing more or less. That is just an awful idea for something that was intended as a test and not a final game product. It still was a blast to play with everyone when there was no disputes about silly things. Maybe some will come back, I would like to see some new faces to show things personally but like you said, until there is 50+ players on the being a dick for no reason other than "because you can" is going to scare away common players because of the other alternative games available now.
Then they should try alternative games instead. First of all, you are completely right about pre-alpha being just a step towards a bigger, finished product. We cannot take pre-alpha period seriously as it clearly needs at least adjustments and new features added in order to be interesting for the players. Basically what pre alpha was, was a small map with several basic UO options added so that players could test the early game in order to fix the most common bugs.

EnigmaUO is something bigger. It is a source of combination of memories and a unique (I say unique because there are little to no true oldschool UO freeshards available these days) experience for UO. Making it easier for somebody, just because he is used to WoW or any other auto-respawn, no loot game would not be fair to other players, who seek that oldschool experience and would quit without it, leaving the 'Trammies' alone, who would later quit out of boredom. They always knew where they are going and what shard they are playing at. It was their choice.